Google
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Candlelight

by Kevin E. Cleary
May 20, 2005 C.E.
7:50 PM EST
To my future wife:

Your eyes are candlelight
dinners on a breezy summer evening
fanning flames within my soul
that flicker, dance, and peak
even faster than my heartbeat
as you approach.

You’d think it would slow
like a fading metronome
with the passage of time
or that my love would hit
an apex sooner or later

But I find more and more
that Olympus Mons is no match
for the heights to which
I would climb
for one more glimpse of you.

No metaphor is too grand,
no superlative can ever suffice
to describe my joy

In fact, I’d even eat Soy-
Everything for the rest of my life
if I had to, just to be able
to stand with you
as man and wife
on a breezy summer evening
lost in your eyes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home